Sunday 10 May 2015

#TwitteratiChallenge


Whilst not being a huge fan of blog nomination awards that mean people nominated have to then nominate others and so on and so on. I am very flattered to have been chosen by @DeborahFielden in what is her inaugural blog post - congratulations on taking that first tentative step into the blogosphere! I was also honoured to be in such great company too.
So here I go taking up the challenge to nominate 5 Twitter peeps who inspire me & enhance my professional life and also make me laugh/smile at the end of a long and sometimes stressful day. So here goes, my nominations are:

1. @MrMalcontent  - I was 'stuck' on Twitter going nowhere fast when I got some great advice from Barry about how to get it working for me as a CPD tool. Barry is an inspirational Key Stage 2 teacher, always innovative, challenging himself and his pupils all the time. He never rests on his laurels and is always looking for the next thing to introduce to enhance his teaching. A Microsoft Expert Educator, Barry is one of the main driving forces behind #TeachMeet in Northern Ireland, his enthusiasm is infectious and you can't spend any time in his company without being as enthused as he is. His blog NIbcorrigan is full of practical ideas for teachers to employ technology in their everyday teaching. If I ever have any techy questions I know Barry is the one to turn to and he never makes me feel 'stupid' for asking such a question.

2. @hechternacht  - One half of the brains behind #kinderchat, Heidi is an amazing bundle of energy who manages to combine teaching with organising weekly twitter chats, on line real time chats known as campfires and blog too. Her joint blog Kinderchat is an amazing tool for any EYFS teacher. Every Monday during the school year, Heidi can be found taking part in both the European and North American #kinderchats. She is always so professional in all her dealings and makes it feel as if you are life long friends meeting up for a chat over coffee and cake. I honestly don't know how Heidi finds the time or energy to do all that she does. 

3. @CreativeSTAR - what can I say about the amazing Juliet Robertson of Creative Star Learning Company - Juliet is the reason I started blogging myself. I read her blog and was so inspired by the simplicity of her approach and the fact she was UK based helped too, before that I was only following more international blogs. I loved that Juliet's posts were full of practical ideas and tips to help even those with the most dismal outdoor spaces to get outdoors. Her book 'Dirty Teaching' is a fab, easy read full of great ideas any teacher could use to begin taking the learning outdoors. Juliet is selfless in her support of others too, always taking the time to comment on blog posts or share good ideas. If you ever get the opportunity to see her present, grab it with both hands!

4. @blamehound - another inspirational EYFS Tweeter, Nicola is one of the main reasons I got involved in #kinderchat, she is always so helpful to new colleagues and to those taking their first steps into the wonderful world of Twitter. Nicola is always willing to share her good practice and professional knowledge with others. She has been involved in 2 of the ebooks created by the #EYFSTwitterpals and if any NQT needed just one person to start following on Twitter I would advise them to begin with Nicola.

5. @daithi - The Bill to @MrMalcontent's Ben! Dáithí was another teacher who helped me make Twitter work for me, he advised me to look for # that appealed to my educational interests and to build up a network that way. He is also another of the organisers of #TeachMeet in N.I and each time he presents it is inspiring to witness his enthusiasm and belief in the pupils he teaches. Another selfless individual who is always willing to answer any questions and offer unfailing support to colleagues, he and @MrMalcontent provide the full package for technical support as Barry is a firm Microsoft advocator and Dáithí a real Apple head! One of life's true gents.

Thanks @TeacherToolkit for starting this ball rolling and creating the #TwitteratiChallenge. Barry, Heidi, Juliet, Nicola and Dáithí over to you.....

@teachertoolkit rules are: 
  1. You cannot knowingly include someone you work with in real life.
  2. You cannot list somebody that has already been named if you are already aware of them being listed on #TwitteratiChallenge.
  3. You will need to copy and paste the title of this blogpost and (the rules and what to do) information into your own blog post.
What to do?
  • Within seven days of being nominated by somebody else, you need to identify colleagues that you rely regularly on and go to for support and challenge. They have now been challenged and must act as participants of the #TwitteratiChallenge.
  • If you’ve been nominated, please write your own #TwitteratiChallenge blog post within seven days. If you do not have your own blog, try @staffrm.
  • The educator that is now (newly) nominated, has seven days to compose their own #TwitteratiChallenge blog post and identify who their top five go-to educators are.

1 comment:

  1. Belated thanks Kierna - I've been totally swamped work wise and I'm touched by your nomination - so will mull over who I wish to nominate.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.