Saturday 6 December 2014

2014 Edublog Award.

Thanks to the incredibly supportive Juliet Robertson from Creative Star Learning Company, my blog has been shortlisted for Best Teacher Blog in the 2014 Edublog Awards. 
Now, honestly no one sets out to win awards for blogs & I am under no illusion that I will win this award as I am up against 46 other great bloggers, some of whom are what I consider 'big hitters' in the blogosphere. However, I am delighted that my blog about early years education & advocating getting outdoors as much as possible has been recognised by Edublog.
Voting closes on the 15 December & to vote you need to go to the following link http://edublogawards.com/2014-awards/best-teacher-blog-2014/ & click on the thumb symbol below the thumbnail of my blog.
Since I starting blogging & using social media I have connected with so many dedicated & inspiring people around the globe & I have found those working in the early years so willing to share ideas, resources, help with any queries etc. & very supportive of each other.  So it is time all those great early years folks were recognised for their hard work & dedication in raising the profile of this important part of the education sector & so it is fantastic that 2 other early years groups are also recognised under the Best Twitter Hashtag or Twitterchat, #EYTalking & #kinderchat are also up for awards & it would be great to get others sitting up & taking notice of the early years sector. So please take time to vote for both these ones too over here: http://edublogawards.com/2014-awards/best-twitter-hashtag-or-chat-2014/

As I said earlier, it's not about awards or recognition but it is about raising the profile of early years & outdoor education, so all support is gratefully received, thanks, Kierna.

4 comments:

  1. I am an educator in Ontario, Canada teaching Kindergarten here. Like you we go outdoors EVERYDAY year round. Even in -20C and snow storms we go out. After all there is no such thing as bad weather just inappropriate clothing! Great blog keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks & it is great to connect with another teacher passionate about getting outdoors, I do believe there are more of us than we think.

      Delete
  2. Delighted that you have made the shortlist - and so well deserved after 4 years of consistent blogging. I really hope lots of EY practitioners and others vote for you!

    I also agree, people blog for the love of writing, reflecting on their practice and to learn from others. If we hung around waiting for accolade, we'd get very disappointed very quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juliet for your constant support, you are a true friend. And yes, that is so true about the disappointment!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.