Saturday 28 June 2014

Thanks Kevin!

Almost 3 years ago I started a Facebook page to accompany this blog, which was around 8 months old at that time - when I say started I really should say 'was forced to'! A colleague of mine threatened to block me from his newsfeed if I didn't stop posting school stuff over the summer holidays!

I had just discovered Pinterest & was an avid follower of Let the Children Play & Irresistible Ideas for Play Based Learning & was seeing so many great ideas almost hourly that I just had to share them with the world. However, I can see that not every teacher wants to be reminded of work in the middle of their holidays, so when Kevin made his threat I realised that a page dedicated to sharing good ideas from the around the blogosphere was the solution.

Since that day in August 2011 more than 10,000 people have liked the page & many of those are regularily active on the page. I have made many contacts across the world as well as closer to home. Thanks to the page several local teachers have got in contact & come to visit my nursery to observe how we 'do' outdoor play in the setting. My school also hopes to take part in a 3 year project with an Icelandic school that all came about through an exchange on the page between myself & Unnur, one of the teachers in the school.

So, even though he may not have realised it, Kevin did me a huge favour that day when he got so fed up with my enthusiasm and here is to another 3 years, who knows where this whole thing will take me!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you! You have also worked incredibly hard and been so supportive of others who blog and have Facebook pages too. Here's to many more than 3yrs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juliet, no one has been more supportive than you.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.