Tuesday 3 May 2011

Whiteboard Art

I was fortunate enough to inherit some big A3 whiteboards from the afterschool club & now I wouldn't be without them. Infact, we now have a set for outside & inside. The quality of drawing is much higher on these than I ever see on a page, it's almost as the children feel more confident to draw on them because they know they can always wipe off the picture & start again. I don't like to generalise or stereo-type but I have found that girls are always more keen to spend time drawing with markers & crayons etc. whilst boys are less so. But with the whiteboards I can see no difference. (In fact all but 1 of these pictures is of boys artwork, tho' the fact there are 19 of them to only 7 girls may be one reason.) Check out some of the art produced by the 3 & 4 year olds in my class....







 
A dragon

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you've found a great way to encourage your young artists here Kierna!

    What a good idea, and they look very proud of their work too.
    It is interesting how providing something new, or something old with an interesting twist helps children become engaged.

    Such nice photos!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.